Welcome :)

This is the digital showcase of my art.
Please click on the links and scroll down.
For a larger view of the images, click on it!
For any queries: estistrydom@gmail.com
Thank you

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Magical Photo Booth

I was invited to participate and create art for the DEDT booth at the Design Indaba 2008.
I wanted to interact with the viewers directly, and so I came up with two separate projects for the two days i spent there. The first day i set up a take away 'Free Mielie Pap' Stall and on the second day A 'Magical photo booth' where people could have their picture taken with a projected background.

Our booth won the award for best creative stand at the Indaba.
For more info on the Design Indaba and the DEDT booth please visit www.designindaba2008.blogspot.com

***



Booth portrait with jellyfish projection, 2008.




Booth portrait with dragonflies, 2008.




Booth portrait of Jonathan with T-rex, 2008.



Booth portrait with jungle projection, 2008.



A view of the booth, 2008.



Portrait of Chuma with Escher graphic art projection, 2008



Booth portrait with tiger projection, 2008.



Booth portrait with Dali-painting projection, 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how dull and boring. you project images that are not your own!!! hello? copyright, integrity, brains!?!

artist & photographer said...

Dear anon.
I consciously chose those images as they are some of my favourites from art history or some other random pics i thought could create a cool atmosphere. I also chose images i thought other people could relate to, as the artwork is about my interaction with them as well as their imagination within the photo booth. I wanted to create a space where they could be something else, even if it only existed in their minds. I hope that brings some clarity to your frustration.
Esti